To identify what we believe are the needs of Norridge School District 80, Leigh and Giles Schools, to secure funds through our own community, as well as, outside businesses and organizations to support those needs; to allocate funds, as determined by our foundation's board, based on those needs; to improve the educational experience for all kids in District 80; and to operate exclusively for charitable purposes.
All money accumulated in the Foundation will be used to enrich the curriculum and provide for other needs to improve the quality of learning so every student can reach his or her potential in a safe environment. However, the Norridge District 80 School Board of Education is the responsible overseer of public education in the community for the K-8 grade District 80 boundaries. As such, both entities will work cooperatively.
Currently our main focus is to raise funds to improve the safety & security at Giles & Leigh Schools.
The 2019-2020 Foundation board members:
Chairperson- Fiona Tanny (parent at Leigh & Giles)
Vice Chairperson- Kelly Tinerella (parent at Giles)
Secretary- Nicole Rusak-(parent at Leigh & Giles)
Treasurer- Patti Mann - (parent of Giles graduates)
Director- Sylvia Korybko- (parent at Leigh)
Director- Nick Losacco- (parent at Leigh)
Director- Lou Mezzano- (parent at Leigh)
Director- Dan McPhillips- (parent at Leigh)
Director- Rylee Murray - (parent at Leigh)
Director- Annette Wlodarski - (parent at Leigh)
Director- Wendy Tribuzio - (parent at Leigh & Giles)
Make checks payable to “Norridge Schools Foundation” and mail to:
Norridge Schools Foundation c/o Leigh School 8151 W. Lawrence Ave. Norridge, IL 60706
Norridge Schools Foundation is a 501(c)3 and will happily issue a receipt for all donations.
The goals of the Norridge Schools Foundation shall include but not be limited to the following:
• To serve as a community wide vehicle for education, academic awareness, and safety in our schools;
• To encourage teachers, staff, and students through mini grants and or matching programs to seek classroom solutions and enrich curriculum through innovation, research, professional growth, and supporting materials;
• To seed new ideas and approaches to teaching that support a sense of community with staff and demonstrate potential widespread application across the school system;
• To provide a vehicle for the Norridge Schools residents and other contributors to give money to support long-term capital, building, facility, and equipment needs;
• To support programs to encourage and increase the involvement of parents and community members in the Norridge Schools.
• To endow selected special programs and or district initiatives outside of the realm of normal funding such as school security, school trips, enrichment programs, fine arts programming or summer programming;
• To develop service learning opportunities to encourage and increase involvement of students in the Norridge Schools.
Buy tickets for the wine tasting by clicking here.
June 8th, 2019 - NSF Community Fest
April 18th, 2019 - Zanies Night!
February 6th, 2019 - Fundraiser Night at Culver’s
December 8th, 2018 - Ugly Sweater Party
November 20th, 2018 - D’Agostino’s Restaurant Night
October 15th, 2018 - Twins Day!
September 29, 2019 - Meet, Greet and Drink Fundraiser at Mullens
September 27th, 2019 - Cubs Ticket Raffle
September 13, 2019 - Sweet Oasis
Foundation Meeting Dates:
Foundation meeting dates for the 2019/2020 school year. Meetings start at 7 p.m.
June 2020 TBD
8/20/19 The Foundation presented School District 80 with two checks to help fund safety and security upgrades. The Norridge Schools Foundation is funding the main entrance move at Giles and contributing to the installation of a new camera system throughout the school.
Following the recommendation of first responders to save time in the event of an emergency the foundation provided materials & labor to number classrooms throughout both school buildings.
The Foundation also provided up to date detailed maps of the schools to the police department
The Foundation secured a grant from the Norwood Park Township for the purchase of materials for Phase 1 of our Improvement of school security. With your help & donations, Phase 2 could happen next summer!
Norridge School Foundation 2019 Community Fest Silver Level Sponsors